New patient visits
- In-person, in-clinic, similar to traditional provider visits. We see patients in our Denver office and in our Frisco clinic
- Telehealth ("video visits") for urgent appointments
- In-person or via telehealth with one of our nephrologists
- Appointment type is always at a patient's discretion
- We may be able to see you more quickly through a different appointment type.
- Via telehealth with a nurse and medical assistant
- Occur online to address more specific questions
- Available for administration of injectable medications
Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
- Virtual visit in which you take your vital signs from the comfort of your home, and a registered nurse or nephrologist monitors the results through a secure online platform
- Shown to improve health and decrease rehospitalization
- Ask about how to participate
Transitions of Care (ToC)
- Via telehealth, for patients recently discharged from the hospital
- Provides a bridge between hospital team to primary providers
- Ensures patient safety
- Ask about how to participate online
- Available by phone and video
Dialysis is a treatment for kidney failure that rids your body of unwanted toxins, waste products and excess fluids by filtering your blood. When kidneys fail, your body may have difficulty cleaning your blood and keeping your system chemically balanced.
Some people with kidney failure may be able to receive a kidney transplant in a surgery. During this procedure, a healthy kidney from a donor is placed into your body. The new, donated kidney does the work that your two kidneys used to do.
We refer patients to the University of Colorado, Porter, P/SL, and other centers around the country.